Renesas Releases the RAA215300 PMIC for AI
August 13, 2021
Renesas Electronics Corporation introduced the RAA215300 PMIC (Power Management IC) optimized to complement Renesas' RZ/V2L and RZ/G2L microprocessors (MPUs) designed for AI-enabled applications.
Included in the PMIC are nine channels, a built-in charger, and a real-time clock.
The high integration of the device speeds up the time to market.
The RAA215300 pairs with microprocessors for a scalable SMARC (Smart Mobility ARChitecture) System-on-Module with AI design.
According to the company, the key features of the RAA215300 are:
- Optimized for Renesas RZ/V2L and RZ/G2L, LC, UL MPUs
- Nine high-performance power channels
- Built-in power sequencer and support for external DC/DC regulator on/off controls
- Supports multiple DDR memories
- Built-in real-time clock and coin cell battery / super cap charger
- Supports -40°C to 105°C ambient temperature for industrial applications
- Supports single cell Li-Ion battery applications
- Improves system power efficiency with VTT buck regulator instead of LDO
- Supports multiple processors and SoCs
- Spread Spectrum to reduce EMI for RF applications
- Ultrasonic Mode to eliminate audible noise coupling into microphones or speakers
- Built-in watch dog timer for secure system power up before any software is running
- Fully configurable with built-in EEPROM
For more information, visit renesas.com.