1500W Unit is added to Cosel’s PCA Power Supplies with Extended Communications Bus
April 06, 2021
COSEL Co, Ltd announced the addition of a 1500W power supply to its PCA series with extended communications I/O for demanding medical and industrial applications.
The PCA series have a built-in extended-UART (Universal Asynchronous Receiver -Transmitter) interface supporting more than 80 commands to monitor and control the whole range of power supply parameters.
Complying with stringent medical standards, the PCA1500F features include:
- A reinforced input to output isolation of 4,000VAC and a grade of 2X Means of Patient Protection (2xMOPP).
- A universal input voltage of 85 to 264VAC.
- Flexibility, the output can be operated in constant voltage (CV) or constant current (CC) mode with either analog or digital control.
- All PCA series power supplies are built in 1U height housings and utilize COSEL's high-density, integrated packaging with optimized cooling.
- Available in six different output voltages covering a whole range of applications from 5V to 48V and embraces 5, 12, 15, 24, 32 and 48V.
- All output voltages can be adjusted to near zero volts and operated in constant voltage or constant current mode.
- The 5V model trims down to 3V and so covers 3.3V for computing applications.
- The 48V model trims up to 57.6V covering some of the growing Power over Ethernet (PoE) applications.
- An independent isolated auxiliary voltage of 12V is provided which is adjustable in the range of 4.7 -12.6V DC using digital control.
- Analog and digital interfaces - the analog interface includes current adjustment (ITRM), voltage adjustment (VTRM), remote control ON/OFF, voltage sensing, LED alarms and current monitoring.
- The extended-UART digital interface supports more than 80 commands for monitoring and control. Operating data can be stored and locked inside the internal memory and recorded error codes can be used for analysis and the recording of operational hours for preventive maintenance.
- Parameters are programmable and monitored via COSEL's extended UART control panel GUI, which can control up to seven units.
- Easily connect in a series or parallel for extra power, and in parallel redundant mode (N+1) for improved system reliability and availability.
- Rated for operation at temperatures from -20 to +70 degrees C.
- Inrush current limiting, over-current protection, thermal protection, and output status alarm.
- A built-in active power factor corrector (PFC).
- The PCA series comes with agency approvals UL62368-1, EN62368-1, C-UL (equivalent to CAN/CSA-C22.2 No.62368-1), ANSI/AAMI ES60601-1, EN60601-1 3rd Ed., C-UL (equivalent to CAN/CSA-C22.2 No.60601-1), and complies with IEC60601-1-2 4th Ed.
For more information, visit: en.cosel.co.jp