Virtium Introduces High-Endurance M.2 PCIe/NVMe Industrial SSDs
June 24, 2022
Virtium introduced the next generation of their StorFly XE class M.2 NVMe SSD product portfolio. These M.2 NVMe SSDs offer high endurance for industrial embedded OEMs with a wide capacity range and high throughput per watt rating.
This has been accomplished by leveraging industrial-grade BiCS5 gTLC and Virtium developed firmware. This in-house firmware capability combined with a state-of-the-art controller and other proprietary technology, allows for a 10+ year product availability spanning multiple future NAND flash generations.
StorFly XE class NVMe drives are fully compliant with industry standard JEDEC M.2 2242 and 2280 formats, supporting PCIe 3.0 and 4.0 interfaces and the NVMe 1.3 protocol. TCG Opal and Data Encryption with crypto erase are also supported. These SSDs increase endurance by up to 10X over standard 3D TLC, while offering a wide capacity range of 8GB to 640GB+.
KEY FEATURES INCLUDE:
- Industrial grade pSLC: up to 10X higher endurance than standard 3D TLC
- SWaP (size, weight, and power) optimization IP, delivering high throughput per watt with stable/steady performance M.2 2242 (42mm) and M.2 2280 (80mm) formats
- Wide range of capacities for pSLC NVMe SSDs: 8GB to 640GB+
- Full industrial temperature: -40ºC to 85ºC, shock, and vibration support
- Integrated power-loss protection to protect drive integrity in the event of an unexpected power loss; options also available for protecting in-flight data
- Up to 10-year product availability; suitable for long term product deployments, providing high ROI and lowest cost-of-ownership
The new StorFly® XE class M.2 NVMe SSDs are sampling now.
For more information, visit the company website here.