Synaptics Releases Cayenne Family of USB-C Based Video Interface Solutions
July 23, 2020
According to the company, it is the industry's first to incorporate the latest HDMI 2.1 and DisplayPort Alt Mode 2.0 standards, integrating several components into a single chip.
Synaptics announced the release of the Cayenne family of USB-C based video interface solutions. According to the company, it is the industry’s first to incorporate the latest HDMI 2.1 and DisplayPort Alt Mode 2.0 standards, integrating several components into a single chip.
Further, the solutions feature ultra-low power consumption of under 1W, eliminating the need for hardware cooling.
It also comes with future-proof support for 8K and 10K displays. Cayenne provides backward compatibility to support 4K and other older displays.
Cayenne Key Benefits and Specifications per a company press release:
• Supports DisplayPort Alt Mode 2.0 and HDMI 2.1 standards
• High bandwidth video – including dynamic HDR and gaming features for consumer and gaming displays, with future-proof support for 8K and 10K displays
• Low cost solution – USB de-mux and CC/PD integration substantially reduces the system level bill-of-material costs
• Ultra-low power consumption – enables energy efficient/low thermal design for the bus powered accessories and small form factor industrial designs
• Advanced security – built-in HW/FW device security and HDCP v1.x/v2.3 content protection compliant with industry standards
• Universal – works with any host with USB-C connector that supports video and data. Compatible with DisplayPort, Thunderbolt 3 and USB4 sources.
The Cayenne family is sampling today. Per the release, VMM6xxx series is designed for protocol converters and the VMM8xxx series is for docking stations, video hubs, and dongles.
For more information, visit synaptics.com.