Newark element14's new Ultra96 Development Board Fast-tracks AI Design
September 19, 2018
The Ultra9 development board allows software developers to accelerate the development process for applications that require intense processing, from AI to VR and IoT.
Newark element14 presents its Ultra96, an ARM-based Ultra96 development board manufactured in collaboration with Avnet, Xilinx, and 96Boards. Its purpose is to aid software developers in accelerating the development process for applications that require intense processing and high performance in areas such as artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning, virtual reality, IoT and industrial control.
“As the Development Distributor, our aim is to provide design engineers with the latest technologies that enable them to speed up their design process and get products to market faster,” said Cliff Ortmeyer, Global Head of Solutions Development for Premier Farnell and Newark element14. “The Ultra96 board combines Arm processing with programmable logic in a convenient, low-cost and expandable board which showcases a wide range of potential peripherals and acceleration engines that will help design engineers counter software bottlenecks.”
The Ultra96 is booted from the industrial rated Delkin 16GB MicroSD card, preloaded with Embedded Linux. The board includes four user-controllable LEDs. Design engineers can also interact with the board through the 96Boards-compatible low-speed and high-speed expansion connectors by adding peripheral accessories such as those included in Seeed Studio’s Grove Starter Kit for 96Boards.
- Xilinx Zynq UltraScale+ MPSoC ZU3EG A484
- Micron 2 GB (512M x32) LPDDR4 RAM
- 16 GB microSD card pre-loaded with Embedded Linux OS
- 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.2 (provides both Classic & BLE)
- Mini DisplayPort (MiniDP or mDP)
- 1x USB 3.0 Type Micro-B upstream (Device) port
- 2x USB 3.0 and 1x USB 2.0 Type A downstream (Host) ports
- 40-pin Low-speed expansion header
- 60-pin High-speed expansion header