Open Mainframe Project Announces the Full Schedule for the 2nd Annual Open Mainframe Summit on September 22-23
August 16, 2021
The Open Mainframe Project (OMP), an open source initiative that enables collaboration across the mainframe community to develop shared tool sets and resources, announces the complete schedule of the 2nd annual Open Mainframe Summit.
This year's virtual event, which takes place on September 22-23, will feature keynote speakers Gabriele Columbro, Executive Director of Fintech Open Source Foundation (FINOS); Jason Shepherd, Vice President of Ecosystem at ZEDEDA and Chair of the LF Edge Governing Board; Jono Bacon, a leading community and collaboration speaker and founder of Jono Bacon Consulting; Steve Winslow, Vice President of Compliance and Legal at The Linux Foundation; Tracy Ragan, CEO and Co-Founder of DeployHub and Continuous Delivery Foundation Board Member, and more.
The theme of this year's Open Mainframe Summit expands beyond the mainframe to highlight influencers with strengths in the areas supporting or leveraging the technology like continuous delivery, edge computing, financial services and open source. It will also highlight projects, diversity and business topics that will offer seasoned professionals, developers, students and leaders an opportunity to share best practices and network with like-minded individuals.
Conference Sessions highlight projects, diversity and business topics such as:
- Mainframe Mavens: 5 Women to Know - Stacey Miller, Global Product Marketing Manager at SUSE and Yvette LaMar, Director of the IBM Z Influencer Ecosystem at IBM
- The Facts about COBOL - Misty Decker, Product Marketing Director at Micro Focus; Derek Britton, Director of Communications and Brand Strategy at Micro Focus; and Cameron Seay, Adjunct Instructor at East Carolina University
- Making Our Strong Community Stronger moderated by Dr. Gloria Chance, CEO at Mousai Group -Jeanne Glass, CEO and Founder of VirtualZ Computing; David Jeffries, Vice President of Development IBM z/OS Software at IBM; Greg Lotko, Broadcom; Andy Youniss, Rocket Software
- ConsoleZ - Accessing z/VM Console Data from a Browser - Mike MacIsaac, Systems Programmer at ADP
- Workflow wiZard: A Flexible Workflow Creation Tool for z/OSMF - Ray Cole, Product Architect at BMC Software
- Feilong: The Open Source API for z/VM Automation - Mike Friesenegger, Solutions Architect at SUSE
- Integrating Tessia for Self-Provisioning of Linux Distributions on Z - Alexander Efremkin, Tessia Architect, Linux Workload Enablement on IBM Z at IBM
- Introducing ZEBRA - an Incubation Project for Zowe - Salisu Ali, Student at Bayero University Kano, Andrew Twydell, Intern at IBM and Alex Kim, Enterprise Solutions Architect at Vicom Infinity
- DIY: Zowe Explorer Starter Kit - Jessielaine Punongbayan, Product Marketing Engineer at Broadcom and Richelle Anne Craw, Senior Software Engineer at Broadcom
With a commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, Open Mainframe Project worked closely with the CHAOSS Diversity & Inclusion Badging Program, which encourages events to obtain D&I badges for leadership, self-reflection, and self-improvement on issues critical to building the Internet as a social good. Open Mainframe Summit earned a Gold Badge for prioritizing diversity and inclusion.
See the full conference schedule here. Conference Registration for the online event is $50 for general attendance and $15 for academia.
Open Mainframe Summit is made possible thanks to Platinum Sponsors Broadcom, IBM, Rocket Software and SUSE; Gold Sponsors Micro Focus and Vicom Infinity; Silver Sponsor BMC; and Academic and Community Sponsors CD Foundation and FINOS.
Members of the press who would like to request a press pass to attend should contact Maemalynn at [email protected]
About the Open Mainframe Project
The Open Mainframe Project is intended to serve as a focal point for deployment and use of Linux and Open Source in a mainframe computing environment. With a vision of Open Source on the Mainframe as the standard for enterprise class systems and applications, the project's mission is to build community and adoption of Open Source on the mainframe by eliminating barriers to Open Source adoption on the mainframe, demonstrating value of the mainframe on technical and business levels, and strengthening collaboration points and resources for the community to thrive.
Learn more about the project at https://www.openmainframeproject.org