Innodisk’s Industrial-Grade DRAM Modules Offer Rugged Reliability for FPGAs
February 01, 2021
Innodisk announced its industrial-grade DRAM modules for FPGA (field-programmable gate array) applications that offer new opportunities for system integrators and network operators. Innodisk’s industrial-grade DRAM modules for FPGAs provide wide temperature support, robust design, reliability, and complete form factor support with high capacity single or dual rank for AI and IoT applications.
Per the company, the $5.9 billion FPGA market is expected to see a 7.6% average annual growth rate over the next five years, fueled primarily by increased AI and IoT adoption. The moves of major industry players further support these indications of future growth. Intel's $16.7 billion acquisition of Altera in 2015 was the first sign, and on October 27, 2020, AMD announced its $35 billion deal to buy Xilinx.
Features of Innodisk's industrial-grade DRAM modules for FPGAs include
- Single or dual rank—providing high capacity
- -40–85℃ temperature tolerance—surpassing stringent JEDEC standards
- Anti-sulfuration—guarding DRAM silver alloys against sulfur corrosion
- HumiSeal conformal coating—protecting from dust, dirt, and corrosion
- Side fill technology—bolstering chip-to-PCB solder joints.
For more information about Innodisk, please visit https://www.innodisk.com