Keysight Announces USB4 Version 2.0 for Performance and Standards Compliance
November 09, 2022
SANTA ROSA, Calif. Keysight Technologies, Inc. revealed a set of 80Gbps USB adhering to the specification requirements implemented by the USB Implementers Forum (USB-IF).
John Koeter, Senior Vice President of Marketing and Strategy for the Solutions Group at Synopsys, said: “USB4 is the ubiquitous standard for secure, seamless connectivity of high-definition displays and high-throughput peripherals requiring speeds of up to 80Gbps. Synopsys USB controller, PHY and verification IP solutions leverage Keysight’s design and validation technologies to ensure robustness and compliance of the IP at maximum speeds, enabling designers to quickly deliver interoperable products with less risk.”
The USB4 is ideal for plug-and-play solutions including smartphones, laptops, desktop computers, tablets, and digital cameras.
Keysight introduced its USB 80Gbps solutions to better design, debug, and test technologies. Keysight has included the following in its new line of USB4:
- D9050USBC USB 80Gbps Transmitter Test (Tx) Software that rapidly and easily tests, debugs, and characterizes complex USB4 designs
- N5991U42A USB 80Gbps Receiver Compliance (Rx) Test Software automates complex stress signal calibration and receiver test procedures to ensure consistency and repeatability
- N7019A USB Type-C® Active Link Fixture, which provides access to all Type-C signals via a live link to debug or decode acquired signals
- D9010USBP USB Protocol Trigger and Decode, in conjunction with Keysight’s N7019A USB Type-C Active Link Fixture, offers configurable protocol-level searches and software-based triggering to debug and decode USB low-speed and high-speed traffic
- S96011B enhanced time-domain analysis with TDR and S94USBCB USB Type-C interconnects compliance test applications simplifies and automates the complex test and characterization process of USB Type-C interconnects compliance testing to support the USB4 / USB ecosystem
- PathWave Advanced Design System, PathWave ADS, which includes the W3081E USB4 Version 2.0 IBIS-AMI model maker to facilitate the development of models for 80Gbps USB devices
For more information, visit www.keysight.com.