Infineon Expands Wireless Portfolio with the AIROC Wi-Fi 6/6E-certified Solutions
April 06, 2021
Infineon Technologies announced it is expanding its wireless portfolio with the development of the AIROC.
According to a company press release, AIROC includes 1x1 Wi-Fi 6/6E and Bluetooth 5.2 combo SoC for the IoT, enterprise and industrial applications, and its first 2x2 Wi-Fi 6/6E and Bluetooth 5.2 combo SoC for multimedia, consumer and automotive applications.
This solution operates in 2.4 GHz, 5 GHz, and the greenfield 6 GHz spectrum.
Features of the AIROC Wi-Fi 6/6E-certified Solutions, per the same press, release include the following:
- Double the wireless coverage range compared to Wi-Fi 5 and Wi-Fi 4
- 40% more coverage than typical Wi-Fi 6/6E solutions
- Improved connection robustness with enhanced interference mitigation
- Lower latency and better Wi-Fi/BT Coexistence that improves multimedia streaming and gaming responsiveness in overlapping network environments
- Over 20 percent power savings, enabling longer battery life
- Multi-layer security protections with secured boot, firmware authentication and encryption, and lifecycle management, enabling a higher level of security for IoT applications
Furthermore, the solution enables high-quality audio with LC3 and new BLE audio use cases such as audio sharing and broadcast.
Users will also find that the host CPU will conserve power while the Bluetooth core autonomously listens for connection requests. All of this is that to the solutions low-power Wake-on-Bluetooth LE mode.
For more information, visit https://www.cypress.com/products/cyw5557x.