Renesas Releases RX72M Group of Microcontrollers with EtherCAT? Support for Industrial Applications
June 07, 2019
Delivers RX Family's highest performance and memory capacities while attaining control and communication functions on a single chip.
Renesas launched the RX72M Group of RX microcontrollers (MCUs) with an EtherCAT® slave controller for industrial Ethernet communication.
They provide a high-performance, single-chip MCU solution with large memory capacities for industrial equipment that demand control and communication functions including compact industrial robots, programmable logic controllers, remote I/O, and industrial gateways.
The RX72M MCUs include:
- EtherCAT slave controller for industrial Ethernet communication in an RX MCU
- Functionality with a CoreMark benchmark score of 1396 at up to 240 MHz, and the first embedded double precision floating point unit (FPU) in an RX MCU
- High-speed flash memory system supporting readout up to 120 MHz
- Dedicated trigonometric function (sin, cos, arctan and hypot functions) accelerators and register bank save function supporting high-precision motor control implementation
- Cryptography roles including encryption module and memory protection function in hardware to protect encryption keys
- Flexible package options including 176-pin LQFP and 176-pin BGA configurations as well as the first 224-pin BGA package for RX MCUs
For more information, visit renesas.com.