Lattice Releases Sentry Solutions Stack and Lattice SupplyGuard
August 13, 2020
Lattice Semiconductor released its Sentry solutions stack and the Lattice SupplyGuard supply chain protection service.
Lattice Semiconductor released its Sentry solutions stack and the Lattice SupplyGuard supply chain protection service. Sentry stack combines embedded software, reference designs, IP, and development tools for the implementation of secure systems; the systems are compliant with NIST Platform Firmware Resiliency (PFR) guidelines (NIST SP-800-193). The Supply Guard Service extends system protection that is offered by the Sentry Stack.
The extended security measures help to provide factory-locked devices, protecting them against attacks such as cloning and malware insertion. Further, it enables secure device ownership transfers.
“5G, Edge computing, and IoT are accelerating the pace at which devices are becoming connected, and security concerns are on the rise among high-tech OEMs serving every market, said president & founder of Moor Insights and Strategies Patrick Moorhead, in a press release. “Developers need to know their hardware platforms are secured against cyberattack and IP theft. They need security solutions that support comprehensive protection throughout a product’s entire operating life in the field, which means the solution must be able to dynamically adapt to an evolving threat landscape.”
Key features, per the release, of the Lattice Sentry solutions stack include:
- Hardware security capabilities – Pre-verified, NIST-compliant PFR implementation that enforces real-time access controls to all system firmware during and after system boot.
- Enables implementation of a hardware RoT through its support for the cryptographically-sound Lattice MachXO3D™ family of FPGAs.
- Ability to drag-and-drop Sentry’s validated IPs and modify the included RISC-V C reference code in the Lattice Propel design environment without any prior FPGA experience.
- Provides pre-verified and tested application demos, reference designs, and development boards that can slash development times for PFR applications from ten months to just six weeks.
- Real-time PFR support for firmware and programmable peripherals. It can act as a RoT in a system and/or complement any existing BMC/MCU/TPM-based architecture for full NIST SP-800-193 compliance.
Key features, per the release, of the Lattice SupplyGuard supply chain protection service include:
- Tracks locked Lattice FPGAs through entire lifecycle
- Helps protect OEMs by:
- Ensuring only authorized manufacturers can build an OEM’s design, regardless of their location.
- Providing OEMs with a secure key infrastructure to prevent the activation of their IP on unauthorized components to stop product cloning and overbuilding.
- Securing devices against the download and installation of Trojans, malware, or other unauthorized software to protect platforms and systems against equipment hijacking or other cyberattacks.
- Flexible, low-cost implementation – SupplyGuard is highly customizable to meet the specific security and supply chain needs of OEMs in every industry Lattice serves. The service lowers the operating costs associated with implementing a secure manufacturing ecosystem.