Corelis Adds Queued Transaction Capabilities to I2C Bus Analyzers
August 22, 2017
I2C Exerciser software now includes support for queued read & write transactions and new SMBus parameter validation sets.
Corelis has released version 1.25 of its I2C Exerciser software for the BusPro-I and CAS-1000-I2C/E I2C bus analyzers. The software update includes new queued transactions for CAS-1000-I2C/E models and many more enhancements to the software. Major benefits of the new update include:
• Added new queued read, queued receive, and random read (write-restart-read) functions to the scripting language and application programming interface (API). Queued read functions allow read transactions to return valid data with no added delay for applications with tight timing requirements.
• Transaction tracking can now be disabled in the API, allowing transactions to add minimal delay between write and read.
• Messages can now be filtered based on matching multiple bytes in multiple positions.
• New parameter validation sets for SMBus 100 kHz, 400 kHz, and 1 MHz classes with the Parameters Scope. (CAS-1000-I2C/E version only)
• New built-in PEC CRC8 checking for read script functions when using the test and master emulation modules. (CAS-1000-I2C/E version only)
The I2C Exerciser software allows users to generate I2C traffic, non-intrusively listen to and record all I2C bus traffic, and display real-time data in both state and waveform timing windows—all concurrently using a single instrument. The new scripting functions can be used to queue sequences of write and read commands with no added delay, while still allowing scripts and API calls to record and process data returned from I2C slave devices.
The new software upgrade is available free to registered owners of the Corelis BusPro-I and CAS-1000-I2C/E products. A trial version of the software is also available to new users by registering on the Corelis website:
Copyright © 2017 Corelis, Inc. All rights reserved. Corelis, the Corelis logo, BusPro-I, and CAS-1000-I2C/E are trademarks of Corelis, Inc. All other company and product names may be trade names, trademarks, or registered trademarks of the respective owners with which they are associated. Features, pricing, availability, and specifications are subject to change without notice.