Spirent Releases SimHIL, HIL Software Testing Solution
April 08, 2020
Spirent Communications announced the release of SimHIL, an integrated hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) testing software API for Spirent GNSS simulators.
Spirent Communications announced the release of SimHIL, an integrated hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) testing software API for Spirent GNSS simulators. The testing software promotes Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) signal simulation with low latency to automotive industry HIL testbeds.
The purpose of the new tech from Spirent is to help meet the need for realistic positioning, navigation, and timing testing for sensor fusion.
SimHIL helps produce coherent data from GNSS and inertial sensors to their sensor fusion algorithms within HIL test environments. This solution may assist OEMs and suppliers developing adanced driver-assistance systems (ADAS), V2X, and sensor fusion engines.
According to the company, SimHIL API enables:
· External motion input –real-time direct motion and trajectory data input from simulators.
· Sensor fusion – introducing GNSS signals into sensor fusion engines.
· V2X testing – validation and performance benchmarking of V2X applications.
· Infotainment system testing – real-time scenario feedback to system and driver responses.
· Vehicle-in-the-loop (VIL) – final production form product testing.
· Accurate testing – reliable results supported by ultra-low latency simulation. Criticality of ADAS features, such as lane assist and automatic braking, mean that 3+ metres of uncertainty introduced by higher latency systems is not sufficient.
For more information, visit www.spirent.com.