APEC 2020 Sponsors Continue Student Travel Support Program
September 03, 2019
The joint sponsors of the Applied Power Electronics Conference (APEC) announced the continuation of the Student Attendance Travel Support Program.
The joint sponsors of the Applied Power Electronics Conference (APEC) announced the continuation of the Student Attendance Travel Support Program, which provides up to $1,000 to cover a portion of the travel and conference expenses for as many as 60 students. APEC 2020 takes place in New Orleans, LA, from March 15-19, 2020. Interested students must apply by October 25, 2019.
The 15-year-old program, initiated by the Power Sources Manufacturers Association (PSMA), is now jointly underwritten by PSMA and the other co-sponsors of the APEC conference: the IEEE Power Electronics Society (PELS) and the IEEE Industry Applications society (IAS). The recipients will be chosen by the APEC 2020 Student Travel Support Committee. Application forms are available at the APEC Attendance Travel Support Application.
The application criteria are:
• The applicant must be an undergraduate or graduate student enrolled in a power
electronics program at an accredited institution
• Only students who have not received travel support in the past will be considered
• The recipients must be an author or co-author of a paper that was accepted for
presentation at APEC 2020
• The recipient must attend APEC 2020 and submit expense receipts to the Committee for
• Applications must be made and received by the Committee by October 25, 2019
• The recipients will be notified by the Committee by November 15, 2019
As part of the application process, students must provide information about their educational institution, degree program, the name of their faculty advisor and a brief description of their career interest and reasons for planning to attend APEC. The application also requires the title and ID number of their accepted APEC paper, as well as the name(s) of the co-author(s).
For more information, visit www.psma.com.