Rambus Advances AI/ML Performance with 8.4 Gbps HBM3-Ready Memory Subsystem
August 16, 2021
Rambus Inc. announced the Rambus HBM3-ready memory interface subsystem consisting of a fully-integrated PHY (1) and digital controller (2). Supporting data rates of up to 8.4 Gbps, the solution is designed to deliver over a terabyte per second of bandwidth, more than double that of high-end HBM2E memory subsystems.
With a market position in HBM2/2E memory interface deployments, Rambus is ideally suited to enable customers’ implementations of accelerators using next-generation HBM3 memory.
Per the company, Rambus achieves HBM3 operation of up to 8.4 Gbps leveraging over 30 years of high-speed signaling expertise, and a strong history of 2.5D memory system architecture design and enablement. In addition to the fully-integrated HBM3-ready memory subsystem, Rambus provides its customers with interposer and package reference designs to speed their products to market.
Benefits of the Rambus HBM3-ready Memory Interface Subsystem:
- Supports up to 8.4 Gbps data rate delivering bandwidth of 1.075 Terabytes per second (TB/s)
- Reduces ASIC design complexity and speeds time to market with fully-integrated PHY and digital controller
- Delivers full bandwidth performance across all data traffic scenarios
- Supports HBM3 RAS features
- Includes built-in hardware-level performance activity monitor
- Provides access to Rambus system and SI/PI experts helping ASIC designers to ensure maximum signal and power integrity for devices and systems
- Includes 2.5D package and interposer reference design as part of IP license
- Features LabStation development environment that enables quick system bring-up, characterization and debug
- Enables high performance in applications including state-of-the-art AI/ML training and high-performance computing (HPC) systems
For more information, visit rambus.com/interface-ip.