TQ Released An Embedded Module and SBC Based on ARM Cortex A53 Processor NXP i.MX 8M Plus
June 28, 2021
The new land grid array (LGA) module TQMa8MPxL based on the i.MX 8M Plus CPU measures only 38x38mm. The module provides all signal pins on a total of 362 LGA pins. The module is equipped with a 32-bit wide LPDDR4 SDRAM, which allows a memory expansion of up to 4GB.
In addition, the module features:
- An image processor unit with 2x187 megapixels
- A graphics processing unit (GPU)
- An integrated NPU (neural processor unit) with up to 2.3 Tera Operations per Second (TOPS)
- Industrial-grade 3D embedded multimedia card (eMMC)
- Memory of up to 256GB
- A quad-SPI NOR flash memory with a capacity of up to 256MB
- External power-saving real-time clock (RTC)
- A user EEPROM memory
- A temperature sensor with integrated EEPROM.
- SE050 security chip is available as an assembly option.
The mainboard developed for the TQMa8MPxL is 160 x 100 mm and forms a Single Board Computer (SBC) with the soldered module and is ideal for for application areas that require a flat and robust design.
According to TQ, the MBa8MPxL can be used as an industrial base board with versatile interfaces like:
- 2x Ethernet
- 2x USB3.,
- 1x USB3.0 OTB
- 2x CAN FD galvanically isolated
- 4 digital 24V in- / outputs each
- Two analog inputs
- A M.2 PCI slot with SIM card
- An SD card interface
- 3 user LEDs
- CSI interface with 2x 4 lanes.
A Linux board support package is supplied with the module for an easy and uncomplicated entry into development.
For more information, please visit tq-group.com