Digi Introduces the Digi ConnectCore 8M Mini
June 25, 2021
Digi International announced the expansion of its ConnectCore family of products with the introduction of the Digi ConnectCore 8M Mini System on Module (SOM).
Digi ConnectCore 8M Mini is a SOM platform based on the NXP® i.MX 8M Mini applications processor. Featuring the optimal balance of performance, power and cost, it’s designed for mission-critical industrial, medical, transportation and agriculture applications.
According to Digi, its Digi ConnectCore simplifies embedded product development thanks to:
- Integrated memory
- Power management
- Pre-certified wireless
- Advanced security complete
- The complete open-source Digi Embedded Yocto Linux software platform
- Power-efficient ARM® Cortex®-A53 and Cortex-M4 processing cores
- Rich multimedia (2D/3D GPU, VPU, MIPI-DSI/CSI, SAI, PDM)
- Advanced connectivity (802.11 ac, Bluetooth 5, Gigabit Ethernet).
The Digi ConnectCore 8M Mini is suited for:
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Human-machine interface (HMI)
- Equipment monitoring,
- Edge computing
- Machine learning applications.
The i.MX 8M Mini processor is industrial qualified and backed by NXP’s Product Longevity Program, ensuring long-term availability of 10-plus years.
For more information, visit Digi's website at digi.com.